The Walter Hot Shot is not your average cup of coffee. This sustainable and reusable coffee cup is made from corn and cork, both from renewable, organic resources. Whether you take your coffee from home, or refill at a coffee shop, the PLA (what?) interior keeps it hot for a long time, while the cork exterior remains cool for comfortable carrying.
- 100% plant based and reusable
- Made from corn and cork
- Double wall PLA keeps your hot drinks hot
- Durable and drop-resistant
- Leak proof
- Volume: 350 ml and height: 13 cm
- Dishwasher-safe up to 65 degrees Celsius
PLA and cork; 100% plant based
The interior and the lid are made from a compostable material called polylactic acid (PLA). PLA is a thermoplastic aliphatic polyester derived from renewable resources. What does that mean? It means that PLA is a biodegradable material made from corn starch produced by plants – natural and renewable. Lactic acid is produced through the fermentation of that corn starch, which produces the fibres used to create PLA. This eco-friendly process converts natural resources into the ideal sustainable material.
The exterior is made from cork, which is the bark of cork trees. We only use the cork from responsibly managed forests – which means it is 100% FSC. It is biodegradable and renewable.
The PLA and cork are fused together using a patented technique (that doesn’t involve glue) so the mug can even go into the dishwasher!
Insulating and leak proof
The PLA is double walled, which insulates your drink. It keeps your coffee hot without burning your hand. This can of course keep your beverage nice and cold as well
The lid is screwed on with a rubber seal to make it absolutely leak proof, this way it won’t spill in your bag, or on your dashboard.
wanna impress Harold?
- Did you know that a field of corn absorbs around 40 tonnes of CO2, which is 25 % more than other crops like potatoes, and sugar beet. This way it actually reduces carbon emissions.
- Did you know that at the peak of the growing season, corn crops worldwide produce 40% more oxygen than the Amazon rain forest?
- Did you know the PLA of the Hotshot is biodegradable and completely disappears within three months? You will need an industrial composting facility for that, so you don’t have to worry about it decomposing in your gym bag:)
- Did you know PLA is continually under development and nowadays can stand the heat of the dishwasher? Extra clean, extra easy, hooray!
- Contains no harmful chemicals, including bisphenol A